To Catch up on what this project is all about, visit these links:Third Post- "Help a Teacher Out"- The Big Goal
Well, we are into our final two weeks of this community service project also known as "Help a Teacher Out." So, as we come close to the end, we must give our final plea for help and update everyone on where we stand.
To read more about the 14 teachers that were nominated for this project please click here.
- Donate Supplies- SEE LIST HERE for ideas or buy what you think is needed.
- Donate money- either through paypal (you can us a credit card this way), a check sent through the mail (made out to Parker Homes & Renovations- memo: Help a teacher out) or cash in person.
DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL AUGUST 12TH 2011!
Call to arrange an in-person monetary drop off: 830-626-3350
We can even come pick up donations! Just call or email us to set something up!
Any Amount Helps!
HERE IS THE UPDATE:
DONATIONS WE HAVE RECEIVED SO FAR:
- My Sister's Closet- Donated 14 candles for the teacher baskets
- The Jumpy Place- Donated free passes for all the teacher baskets
- Caraway Lawn Service- Donated $20 gift cards for lawn services for all teachers
- Pookie Janes- Donated Buy One Get One 50% off Coupons for all teachers
- Tantogo- Donated $5 off coupons for all teachers
- Lazer X- Donated free game cards for all teachers
- Supplize- Donated 15% off coupons
- S.C. Strawser Photography- Donated free family photo session for all teachers
- Aahhh! The Plumber Inc.- Donated $25 off of $100 or more of plumbing
- Jennifer Gottschalk of New Braunfels Macaroni Kid- Donated a box full of supplies and has been broadcasting and helping us get the word out- which is just as helpful!
- Lisa Johnson- donated several bags full of supplies & helped spread the word on her blog
- Tiffany Cox- donated several bags full of supplies
- Linda Hoffmann- donated several bags full of supplies
- Anonymous donor- donated several bags full of supplies
- Rojas Construction Services- 14 candles for the teacher baskets
- Altex Computers & Electronics- 14 bags full of Altex gear, including flash drives
- McAdoo's Seafood Company- Donated $20 gift cards to ALL 14 teachers!
- Betsy Green- Donated free facials/makeovers and $20 towards Mary Kay products for all 14 teachers!
- Miranda Laine Photography- Donated $25 off coupons for photo session for all 14 teachers
- Stacy Ford- Helped sort all 14 baskets!
- Parker Homes & Renovations- $500+ worth of supplies and all the baskets
Monetary Donations (Remember we set a goal to raise $1400 for 14- $100 gift cards)
- Chyrel Madden- $35.00
- Anonymous- $15.00
- Linda Hoffmann- $100.00
- S. M. - $8.95
- Woods Cycle Country- $50.00
- Culpepper Plumbing- $100.00
- Kimberly Griffith- $50.00
- Annette Alexander- $10.00
- Charlotte Patin- $20.00
- Elizabeth Culpepper- $100.00
- Miranda Laine Photography- $115.00
- Renew Church- $295
- Parker Homes & Renovations- $501.05
We've raised a total of $1400.00
WE STILL NEED: $0.0
Can you help us reach this goal and donate today?
As you can see, the community support is already very apparent. People appreciate these teachers and it shows by their generous donations, no matter how big or small. By donating, you are not only supporting these 14 teachers but also each of the children they will reach this coming school year. Its a great way to show all teachers that we appreciate and acknowledge all that they do.
What we still need:
If you are wanting to donate supplies:
Really anything and everything off of the list we posted.
We've gotten a little bit of everything. With 14 teachers coming from all different grade levels and subjects (including coaches, special needs, high school, elementary, etc), any item you can donate would be put to great use. I know these teachers probably go through these supplies like air on some days, so I'm sure a stock of supplies will help them out.
Drop Off Locations:
224 Chartwell Ave., New Braunfels, TX 78130 (If we are not home, just leave by the garage or front door/gate)
StoreMore Warehouses: 123 Schumans Beach Rd., NB, TX 78130
Only during the week during working hours- Just leave in the office with receptionist
Call us to arrange a date/time for us to pick up the donation
If you are wanting to donate money:
As you can see we still need almost $600 to reach our goal for the gift cards
We realize that its hard to trust an individual with a donation, but we guarantee your money will be spent on gift cards for these teachers. We post right away, for all the public to see, when we receive a donation, so you and everyone else will know that your donation was received and will be applied towards the goal. We are even putting in $500 of our own money to make this happen. We will send a receipt of the gift card that your money helped pay for and we will post pictures of all the gift cards and baskets full of supplies so you can see the results. We are making everything as public as we can to ensure everyone's trust in this project.
If you still don't feel comfortable donating money, you can always donate gift cards as well. We know teachers would appreciate Starbucks gift cards, Hobby Lobby, Target, Wal-Mart, or other teacher supply stores- we were even thinking spa gift cards would be nice too! (and any amount will do, even if you can only purchase one gift card, that's still great!)
Mailing address/Drop off location: 224 Chartwell Ave., New Braunfels, TX 78130
If you are a business wanting to help:
E-mail us at email@example.com and let us know what you would like to donate
We have personally contacted over 100 local businesses and hope that more businesses will add to the donations to show their support!
Your business name will be included in all future posts of "Help a Teacher Out" and also on the certificate we give to the teacher.
You can also help by spreading the word and sending this info to someone you know that may want to help out!
REMEMBER DONATIONS CLOSE AUGUST 12TH
So get your donations in soon!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be surprising the teachers/ handing out the packages during the week of August 15-19.
Stay tuned for updates and pictures of the big reveals!
For more frequent updates, please check out our facebook page!
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!